I “invented” this recipe a few days ago and just had to share! This recipe has all the components we are looking for:
- Easy on the pocket-book
- Oh, so tasty!
Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
Things You Need
- Chicken breasts (approximately 1/4-1/2 pound per person/serving) (you can just as easily use pork)
- Chicken broth or stalk (1 cup, water will work as a substitute)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (we used hickory smoked and it was delish)
- Buns/bread of choice (for a low-carb option try making it into a wrap)
- Put chicken – doesn’t even need to be thawed – into the crock pot.
- Add chicken broth, stalk, or water
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Strain juices, and shred chicken on a plate using two forks.
- Mix shredded chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Add to your bread of choice and enjoy!
(Remember you can always make extra and freeze some for an even quicker meal in the future. If you are new to the blog, or missed the posts on Once A Month Cooking and freezing meals, then click here, here, and here)
Some Simple Side Options
- Baked beans (I add brown sugar and extra BBQ sauce to mine….my husband says they are world-famous, even though he’s never left the US)
- Corn on the cob
- Okra or fries (here is a recipe for homemade okra)
Are you looking for a great desert idea? I made the cake-mix cookies I talked about here and they were so good. I say were because we’ve already scarfed them down. I didn’t have any buttermilk, so I added an extra 1/4 cup oil in its place. The mixture looked a little dry (because the box of cake mix I purchased was 18.5 oz instead of 16 oz), so I added an extra egg. Click here for that recipe. Here’s a picture 🙂